Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Having fun

Last week I went to two dinner parties. One was with a group of mainland Chinese expatriates who live and work in Kuwait. The other party was at the home of a high ranking British military officer and his colleagues.

At both parties I performed close up magic. At both parties they knew I was a priest and at both parties their reaction to the magic was the same. They screamed and shouted and could not believe their eyes. The magic was the topic of conversation for the evening and it was brilliant fun.

What did I do. I performed close up magic using paddles. in particular I enjoy using Hot rod and Jumping Gems. For my money these are among the most effective close up magic effects in the market. They are not expensive to buy and after you have mastered the basic move you are in business.

The best thing about these parties is that it opened the door for people to relax and get to know me better. The ice was broken and they got past my role as a priest and got to know me as a person. Their defences were down and this led to honest and deeper questions about my faith and beliefs.

They know now that I am a regular guy who likes to have fun, but they also know who I believe and why.

Have fun.

No comments: