Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Indian Magic

Off to India next week for a month. On one of my earlier visits I watched an amazing magician on the streets. He did the best cups and balls routine I ever saw. He used a finely turned wand to push the cups over to reveal the balls and his misdirection was sooooo slick and professional. Ireckened this professional magician must have been about seven or eight years old. He had the lisp and the gap between his front teeth. Later I watched this urchin boy ply his trade of magic on others in a park. If he does this for eight hours a day . . . no wonder he's so good.

Magic is very popular in India and goes down a treat in the churches there too. I remember standing on a village wall doing a Rocky Raccoon routine and the whole village came to watch. Have magic wand will travel sounds like a nice motto to me!

No comments: