Monday, March 24, 2008

Happy Easter

Last night at our Easter celebration I decided to introduce our congregation to the Square Circle.

I introduced my sermon with the challenge that they had to believe two impossible things before the night was out!

The first thing they had to believe was that it is possible to turn a metal cicle into a metal square. Here I displayed the square circle illusion and on the count of three turned the metal circle into a metal square.

"See" I say "It is possible to turn a metal circle into a metal square!"

Then the second thing I asked them to belive was that dead men can walk again. . .

I went on to look at the theories explaining the empty tomb of Jesus Christ. These theories account for the empty tomb by insisting the body of Jesus was taken by grave robbers, or Romans, or the Jewish authorities . . . or the disciples themselves.

Then we looked at the Swoon theory beloved by those who live in the Islamic world.

This led to a final possible explanation for the empty tomb. That God raised Jesus back to life.

Alleluia! Christ is Risen!

Happy Easter

No comments: