Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Laflin Magic

Christian magicians often get a bad rap for being sloppy and unprofessional in their performances. This often comes about through the use of magic tricks by ministers who focus more on the message rather than presenting a professional polished trick. Sadly the poor execution of a trick can undermine a message.

The scripture says "whatever we do - do as though it was for the LORD with all our hearts".

One dynamic couple who certainly live up to this piece of Biblical advice is Duane Laflin and his wife. I saw their act in the UK a few years ago and they were soooo good. I still remember not just the excellent magic but their inspiring messages too.

Check them out at www.christianillusionist.com

Blessings

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Andy,
Duane and Mary Laflin are simply the finest sort of people. The thing that I find most endearing about Duane is how approachable he is. When you’re talking to Duane, you forget that you are talking to a world class magician; you’re just talking to your friend Duane. I am lucky enough to usually get to see Duane and Mary at least once a year (that’s a good part about living in Indiana where the FCM International Convention is held).
I must add one more thing; my introduction to Gospel Magic was attending a Gospel Magic School which was put on by Duane and another magician I hadn’t seen in twenty years, Ron London. I bought some of my first magic tricks from Ron when I was a teenager.
God Bless,
Tom McCormick
"The Miracle Man Show"